The Homestead is now interviewing for teaching positions. Candidates must be willing to teach in an interdisciplinary team-taught curriculum structure. We are looking for teachers with a multicultural background and/or experience. A forward-looking personal philosophy as it relates to social justice, the environment, and human potential is also a strong indicator of a potential fit for our school. Experience with Montessori education and/or special education training and experience are desirable but not essential for consideration.
The goal of the Homestead School is to:
- Create a safe, nurturing atmosphere that promotes self-respect, respect for others, and the valuing of differences.
- Create a challenging academic program at all levels and competencies that encourages students to be intellectually curious, to explore their creativity, and to get involved in the larger community in order to fulfill their potential.
- Inspire a love of learning.
- Help students acquire the tools necessary to learn independently.
- Instill in our students the belief that each and every one of them has something important to contribute to the world.
If you feel you’d like to be a part of Homestead School’s mission and goals, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to make the connection whether there is a current position available or not.