The Homestead is now interviewing for teaching positions. Candidates must be willing to teach in an interdisciplinary team-taught curriculum structure. We are looking for teachers with a multicultural background and/or experience. A forward-looking personal philosophy as it relates to social justice, the environment, and human potential is also a strong indicator of a potential fit for our school. Experience with Montessori education and/or special education training and experience are desirable but not essential for consideration.
The goal of the Homestead School is to:
- Create a safe, nurturing atmosphere that promotes self-respect, respect for others, and the valuing of differences.
- Create a challenging academic program at all levels and competencies that encourages students to be intellectually curious, to explore their creativity, and to get involved in the larger community in order to fulfill their potential.
- Inspire a love of learning.
- Help students acquire the tools necessary to learn independently.
- Instill in our students the belief that each and every one of them has something important to contribute to the world.
If you feel you’d like to be a part of Homestead School’s mission and goals, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are happy to make the connection whether there is a current position available or not.
Primary School Program:
- Business Manager
- Montessori Trained Teachers at the Early Childhood Level
- Montessori Trained Teachers at the Lower Elementary Level
- Montessori Trained Teachers at the Upper Elementary Level
- Substitute Teachers
- Wellness: Health/Nurse/Counselor/School Psychologist for either or both campuses
Secondary School Program:
Math Instructor: Full or Part Time
Homestead CCHS is seeking an instructor experienced with middle school mathematics instruction (grades 7 & 8). Opportunities to integrate mathematics with business, design, woodshop, and more are available.
Science Instructor: Full or Part Time
Homestead is seeking a science instructor experienced with teaching physical sciences and who embraces a hands-on approach to instruction and learning.
English Instructor: Full Time
Homestead is seeking an instructor to join the ELA team at CCHS.
STEM Instructor: Full Time
Homestead CCHS is seeking an additional instructor to co-lead the integration of design, technology, engineering, and mathematics in the Junior and Senior High interdisciplinary curriculum blocks. The goal of our program is to work toward a thorough integration of mathematics into the cross-disciplinary studies that make up the core curriculum approach at CCHS. Standalone math instruction provides 3-4 hours a week for additional focused math instruction and/or project extensions. Master’s level work in STEAM related areas and/or a high school teaching certification is an excellent qualification.